Thoughts on all things garden themed from an antique dealer gone amuck! I write, play with the dogs, and fill my house with garden art. There is hardly time to work the dirt!

Copyright 2010-2013 Barbara Barth, Writer With Dogs

Friday, March 15, 2013

A Quote From May Sarton


Found this quote on Pinterest. I'd forgotten about May Sarton, although when I was younger I read all her journals on life and solitude. I mentioned her in my own book. A quick stop by Pinterest brought back many memories of an author, memorist, and poet who enchanted me many years ago.

May Sarton (May 3, 1912-July 16, 1995) left an impressive legacy of over fifty books, including novels, poetry, memoirs and journals. Her appeal lay in her ability to "sacramentalize the ordinary" by probing everyday subjects such as flowers, gardens, animals, changing sunlight and personal relationships in order to find deeper, universal truths. She examined such themes as the need for solitude, the role of the muse in the act of poetic creativity, and the role of the female artist in society.

Read more about May Sarton by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment