Thoughts on all things garden themed from an antique dealer gone amuck! I write, play with the dogs, and fill my house with garden art. There is hardly time to work the dirt!

Copyright 2010-2013 Barbara Barth, Writer With Dogs

Monday, February 18, 2013

It's Not Just Blue Skies In The Garden



I love soft robins egg blue. As much as I try to work it in my house, it doesn't blend with my other colors. Blue holds its own and seems to dominate the space it's in, no matter how soft a color. At lease it does for me. Ahhh, but blue in the garden, not just a blue sky, but blue flowers and accent pieces seem to blend with every color in the rainbow.

I'm sharing some photos from the web and pinterest that are full of the blue color that makes me think of spring. Each photo has a link below it to take you back to the source where I found it.  There are several homemade potting sheds. I am partial to little outbuildings in the back yard. Perhaps there is an idea here that would work well in your garden.


A blue garden shed!

Link


A blue Chinese rose



Homemade Blue Potting Table



Pale Blue French Doors on Shed


Pallets Potting Shed




Fence 



Table



Window Fence



Boat Garden



Blueberry Sign

6 comments:

  1. I 'love' blues and purples in my gardens. They add some kind of 'joy' that really gets to me, if you know what I mean.

    You've shown some lovely photos of garden blues.

    Thank you and have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you Lorraine! I also love a dash of orange with the blues and purples. Those colors are full of joy, I agree. Glad you liked my garden blues.

      Delete
  2. Blue has been my favorite color for my entire life - maybe because my mother dressed my sister in reds and pinks and me in blues and greens! I enjoyed the blues in your post very much. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I love blue - that soft old blue. I wrote about dreaming about a blue cupboard in my book. My house is full of greens and peaches and pinks. I am working on blue for my yard. Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Robins egg blue is my favourite too. I used the colour in a small bathroom where the only other colour was lots of white. Plus some silver accessories. I'm not sure what the colour did for my skin tone reflected in the mirror but otherwise I loved it. I've always wanted a garden shed I could paint and pretty up. Your examples are giving me ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan - keep me posted on your blue! I am getting ready to make some changes in my house - that are posted in my blog "The Cottage In My Mind" and I think blue will be a color I use more. Thanks for the nice comment.

      Delete